Look for jaylynnewritingcircles on Eventbrite
What are Rejuvenating Writing Circles?
Rejuvenating writing circles are places where transformation and healing can take place. It’s a simple process: listen, write, read, and witness. We learn to bypass the critical mind and let the pen fearlessly take us where our soul leads. This space is intimate, safe, and sacred. There is no judgment here. No critique. There is no pressure to write well, only to write truthfully.
I discovered wild writing during the pandemic and it was what kept me grounded. Through these times of constant change, it helps to have a set time to write, express, and be with a group that will deeply listen. We give no feedback on what is being shared. We listen deeply to each other and bear witness to your journey.
You do not need to be a writer. People that enjoy journaling will love this. If you are a writer, it is invaluable to keep a steady practice. I know many writers that use these writing circles to get in better attunement with their authentic being, and later write memoirs, poems, or personal essays from the thoughts that originated on these pages.
I am a freelance writer and poet. I have always enjoyed creative arts. Currently, I am part of the social media team for Self Realization Fellowship Lake Shrine. I am also co-chair of Burlington Writer’s workshop.
What people are saying:
Free Drop-ins on Eventbrite starting January 2023
Winter Groups 2023
All classes are via ZOOM
60-minute Quick Write
- Come and get a taste of what wild writing is all about. In these small classes, I will begin with a breathing/centering exercise. Then I will read two poems and we will write for 10-15 minutes for each poem. Time will be given at the end to share at least one piece.
4 consecutive Wednesdays starting February 1, 2023, at 6:30 PM ET
4 consecutive Thursdays starting February 2, 2023, at 1 PM ET
$15.00 per class $60.00 for 4 weeks
If you can not make it to one of the classes let me know in advance and I will not charge you for that class.
To sign up email me and I will contact you.
My PayPal is paypal.me/JMckeehan
For Zelle or Venmo please contact me at [email protected]
Ice Tea on the Porch 5-week class $100.00- CLOSED
- Start the summer morning right, let’s sit down and create together with a nice refreshing beverage of your choice.
- This will be a 5-week class. You pay for 4-weeks ($25 x4) and get an extra class free in case you miss one due to summer plans.
- This class will have a weekly check-in, centering techniques, 2 poems, writing for 10 minutes and then 15 minutes
- I am accepting up to 6 people for a small intimate group. Let’s create a unique healing circle this summer.
Wednesdays July 13-August 10 at 10:30 am EDT
About 1hour -1hour 15 minutes depending on the centering technique used and the length of poems.
$25 x 4= $ 100.00 plus a free class
These classes are conducted via Zoom
Please contact me: [email protected]